Thursday 1 January 2009

New Year's Resolutions

It's that time of the year. Here are my new year's resolutions.

1) Believe always that Christ's atoning sacrifice covers ALL my sins FOREVER.
2) Believe always that I am and will be given sufficient grace to make godly choices and live sacrificially.
3) Pray everyday even if it's a 5 minute kneel-down beside my bed.
4) Do not buy more books for myself for this year, unless it is absolutely required, eg. Textbooks.
5) Read at least 24 books this year.
6) Get a Driver's License.

More than anything else, number 1 above is THE number one for me, and this will extend beyond year 2009.

Some may say, "no resolution about reading the bible?" It's because I have much bigger problem with prayer than my bible reading.
Another might say, "Only 5 minutes for daily prayer?" It only goes to show how big my problem is, and the emphasis is on "daily", not on "5 minutes".

I will post about my, perhaps-too-ambitious reading plan soon.

Now, what's your new year's resolution?

No comments: