Wednesday 26 March 2008

A really bizarre (and tragic) news I read today, a transgender issue follows.

Warning: Sorry for another warning, but this post requires it. If you follow the link I provided, you'll see a disturbing picture with an equally disturbing story of a transgender. If you think you aren't ready for it, please do not follow the link. If your first impulse at the word, 'transgender' was a personal hatred and despise towards transgenders, don't bother commenting here.

SMH reports: She's pregnant, but she's a man.
This is the most bizarre and disturbing news I've read this year so far. After shaking of my head, and looking into an empty space for a moment, I thought about whether I should post a link to it or not. As I said a few posts ago, I prefer not to post something that doesn't seem helpful or unnecessarily provocative. But this time I thought I'd just simply leave a challenge for the readers and myself. After all, Christians aren't meant to simply hide away from the real issues in the society.

What kind of response should I give if I knew this person? Or rather, will I be able to have compassion on him(her?) as much as God is compassionate, while maintaining the pointed edge of the Gospel and show him the need for repentance and even rebuke him? Will I even try to talk to him?
A friend of mine from church once told me that the transgenders are the most despised people in our society, and he challenged me if I would be able or willing to reach out to such people with the Gospel.

What do you think?

Update: Fixed typo and reformatted paragraphs slightly.

Update 2 (28-Mar-2008): Now I'm hearing that it might've been a hoax. Yikes.

No comments: