Friday 6 February 2009

Resolutions of Jonathan Edwards: #5 - 7

Three resolutions coming your way.
5. Resolved, never to lose one moment of time; but improve it the most profitable way I possibly can.

6. Resolved, to live with all my might, while I do live.

7. Resolved, never to do anything, which I should be afraid to do, if it were the last hour of my life.

These three seem to be all concerning the time and its preciousness. Resolution #6 might be a little different, but it still deals with how intentionally, forcefully, purposefully, and carefully we should spend every moment of our lives.

If only I could remember all these always, and put into practice all the time...
I have not read the book, but these resolutions remind me of Don't Waste Your Life. In fact, these resolutions would mean nothing and achieve nothing if one did not understand what it means to make use of time in the most profitable way with all his might as if it were the last hour of his life. It will only be meaningful and not wasted if it is used for the glory of God by trusting in Jesus and following Him.

(Source: A Puritan Mind)

No comments: