Monday 7 July 2008

Dr. Richard Hipp, the creator of SQLite honours God

I didn't know who Dr. Richard Hipp was, but I heard of the SQLite. According to this article, it is the most deployed database system in the world. It powers your iPods, iPhones, and browsers like Firefox, and more. Dr. Richard Hipp is the man who created the SQLite and he gave it away to the public. That's very geeky coolness. And he is a Christian, and from what I read in the article, he is a real, God honouring Christian, not just a "pick-Christianity-as-my-religion-on-survey" kind of Christian. Here's how he answered the question: "Do you ascribe your talents and skills as God given or human made?"
Everything that I am is by Grace alone. The longer I live and the more I see, the more obvious this fact becomes. There have been many times in the past (and, no doubt, there will be more occasions in the future) where I have looked upon "my" accomplishments with pride, thinking that "I" have done well. Such thinking is utter foolishness. I would be less than nothing but for the unmerited favour of God.


Great answer, Dr. Hipp, praise God!

(HT: Tim Challies)

No comments: