Thursday 17 January 2008

File copying is so slow on Windows Vista!!!

I don't hold much against Windows Vista. I read a lot about tech people complaining about Vista saying something along the line of "it's the worst product ever", but I really don't mind Vista. It's stable, doesn't hinder me from doing my work/play at all (well, almost). I have but one thing against it. Copying files on Vista is painfully slow!

Copying a folder which contains thousands of files and subfolders would take some time. But seriously, on a modern machine, this is ridiculous. After waiting for more than 5 minutes, it's still saying 7 minutes and 30 seconds till completion. Total size of the folder is under 200 Mb. Even downloading from the web would take much less time than that! I've been trying to ignore it, embrace it, believe that Vista is doing many useful things while copying files, and get on with my life without complaining, but when I have to wait around for tens of minutes several times on daily basis for such a mundane task as copying some files to different location, I can only scream. AARRGGHHH!!!

No comments: