Friday 9 November 2007

Are Women Human?

Just finished a book called, "Are Women Human?" by Dorothy L. Sayers.

Only took me about an hour and a half. It contains a long-ish introduction and two short essays.

I wrote a very (extremely) short review/opinion about the book at Shelfari.

I'm not sure if I can embrace the view point presented in this book in its entirety.

The two essays argue against the "(aggressive) feminism" of Miss Sayers' contemporaries, but taken in the current West society, at some points, it sounded as if she was promoting "egalitarianism", which is an idea that I disagree with.

Nevertheless, these are short, yet insightful writings that helped me to think deeper and wider.


A bit too pricy for its thickness, but if you want it, you can get it from here, or here.

No comments: