Sunday 9 November 2008

Preaching

I've preached in a church gathering four times so far, and it feels as though it is getting more and more difficult every time.
I am preparing for another sermon next Sunday for the High School Ministry at our church, and I feel so inadequate, not just under-prepared.

I take preaching as a tremendous privilege, yet, it seems I am not quite ready for it.
Lack of courage?
Lack of knowledge?
Lack of integrity/self-discipline?

Pray for me this week, as I will continue preparing for the delivery of the sermon.

10 comments:

Giraffe Pen said...

Wow, I hope it all goes well. I wish I had the opportunity to share the Word of God at a school or something like that.

Dave Miers said...

just prayed for you brother.

Timothy Wonil Lee said...

Thanks, Haydn. Thanks, Dave.

Dave Miers said...

what are you preaching on?

Timothy Wonil Lee said...

Hey, Dave,

The main text will be Exodus 28:29-30, but I'll also be talking about other parts of the Exodus chapter 28, and even further out.

It's my first time preaching from the OT actually. It feels slightly different to preaching from, say, an epistle in the NT.

Dave Miers said...

preaching OT is harder than NT... but important to do...

exo 28:29-30 - wow! quite obscure! interested to hear where you take it.

just prayed for you again.

Giraffe Pen said...

I LOVE the O.T.

Dave Miers said...

how did it go man?

Timothy Wonil Lee said...

Hey, Dave,

It was quite difficult and after delivering it, I felt quite dissatisfied.

Learning to be humble and trusting Him through preaching, I am.

Dave Miers said...

humility and trust in God is a great thing to learn in preaching. praying i'd keep learning it too.