Monday 2 February 2009

Problems at Google?

Ok, it's really late night here in Sydney (or early, depending on how you look at it), but here's something strange I noticed.
When I search for anything on google, every link it shows comes up with a threat warning. Like below:
When I try to go to the link, it displays a warning page, then, when I try to look at the actual threat diagnostic page, it shows there's a server error.
A server error at Google?!

I've got a couple of theory.
1) A simple one. A human mistake, or error in judgement. Engineers at Google failed to keep the diagnostic servers up, or the search result displaying servers have failed for some human mistakes.
2) Google is being attacked by crackers. They don't like Google's threat analysis, and have succeeded in executing a DoS (Denial of Service) attack.

Hmm... I wonder how long it's going to take Google to fix this issue. I bet they'd be pretty quick!

(Update: Gee, looks like they've already fixed it, while I was writing up this post!)

(Update 2: Ars reports the Google glitch.)

No comments: