Monday 13 August 2007

Killing at church

Read a news about a hostage situation which ended up in three people dead (so far) at a church in Missouri. When I first read the news, it was quite sketchy, and when I woke up I was starting to get worried about my sister who lives in St. Louis, Missouri, and my mum who is visiting her. I was quite sure that the incident took place nowhere near where my sister lives, but for some reason I kept on imagining about the worst case scenario... I sent her an email from work, but didn't get the reply till the end of the day (probably because they went to church and went out for some sightseeing afterwards), and I was getting a bit more worried than I perhaps should have.

When I read the news again this evening, it was clear that my family weren't involved in that tragedy at all, and I thank God. Then, I thought about the terrible ordeal all of those people (presumably my brothers and sisters in Christ as they were at church) had to go through yesterday, and the families of the dead and the wounded, and prayed shortly. Also, I pray for the gunman, that God may show His glory by reclaiming that man to one of His.

No comments: