Saturday 19 January 2008

A cheap "I love you"

I got a new phone a few days ago for free by re-committing to a two year contract with Optus. Nokia 6500 Slide
I was just exploring functions on it, and one of them was text message templates. You can write a message and save it as a template, so you can use them to quickly send a short message.

Here are some of default pre-written templates:
  • I am late. I will be there at
  • I'm in a meeting, call me later at
  • I'm busy right now. I'll call you later.
  • I will be arriving at
  • Meeting is cancelled.
  • See you in
These seemed to come in handy when I feel really lazy to write it myself. I don't know if I'll actually use them much though because I won't remember they exist most of the time.

But this one template will never leave my mind.
I love you too
Shock and horror!!!
I really don't think I'll ever use it, God forbid!
If I were too busy to write those four words myself, then I'm way too busy to live humanly. If I were to use that because I couldn't be bothered typing that myself, I am definitely using those four words inappropriately, without really meaning it, cheapening the word, "love". Even if I broke my fingers, I hope I'd write those four words myself than to resort to the cheaper version of it.

Seriously, would you use it?

No comments: