Friday 1 January 2016

Reading List 2016

Last year was not a good year for my readings even though I did read a substantial amount due to the college work. Maybe that's the way it's going to be for some years until I graduate. Still, it seems to be it is helpful enough to compile a reading list so I get motivated and keep up the efforts.

Here's may plan for year 2016.


  1. A regular reading of the bible should happen as usual.
  2. Take a greater care and time to read these four books from the bible, perhaps with some assistance with a commentary or two: Romans, Colossians, Leviticus, Ezekiel.
  3. God of Promise by Michael Horton: I would like to get some introductory understanding about the covenant theology.
  4. The Cross of Christ by John Stott: I've been told this is a classic. I read few chapters so far and they have been helpful.
  5. Christianity and Liberalism by John Gresham Machen: A classic.
  6. Words of Life by Timothy Ward: One of the textbooks for a 2nd year theology subject. Read some parts of it and it's been so helpful and not only satisfied my mind but made my heart sing too.
  7. Antinomianism: Recommended by my former MTS trainer. Understanding antinomianism might be helpful in loving all parts of the bible better.
  8. Reformation by Diarmaid MacCulloch: A textbook for 2nd year church history.
  9. Francis Schaeffer: an Authentic Life by Colin Duriez: I think I should get to know Schaeffer a bit.
  10. Unreached by Tim Chester: A textbook for a 2nd year Ministry and Mission subject, but also just a good book to read to understand the challenges and strategies for reaching more people with the gospel.
  11. The Pleasantness of a Religious Life by Matthew Henry: an old Christian book I might be able to read through.
  12. Taking God at His Word by Kevin DeYoung
  13. The Supremacy of God in Preaching by John Piper: A short book on preaching.
  14. A Heart for God by Sinclair Ferguson
  15. Les Miserables by Victor Hugo: Continuing from 2014.
  16. Why You Are Australian by Nikki Gemmell: To learn a bit about Australia
  17. Till We Have Faces by C. S. Lewis
  18. The Mark of the Christian by Francis Schaeffer: Read for the first time at the end of 2015. I plan to read this every year.
  19. Living in God's Two Kingdoms by David VanDrunen
  20. WCF for Study Classes by G. I. Williamson
  21. Systematic Theology by John Frame
  22. Korean Folk and Fairy Tales by S. C. Han
  23. Give Them Grace by Elyse FitzPatrick and Jessica Thompson
Let's see what happens in 2016!

No comments: