Friday 19 June 2009

Resolutions of Jonathan Edwards: #23

23. Resolved, frequently to take some deliberate action, which seems most unlikely to be done, for the glory of God, and trace it back to the original intention, designs and ends of it; and if I find it not to be for God's glory, to repute it as a breach of the 4th Resolution.

I'm feeling light-hearted today, and so, this resolution seems a bit too fierce for me. But then, maybe there's something I need to learn from it precisely because it's so fierce. Why would I not give my whole even when I feel less inclined to, if my Lord is indeed worthy of my all, everything?

For resolution #4, see it here.

(Source: A Puritan's Mind)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a bunch of these taped in my bible reading notenook. As I record my take away form my daily reading I read over the one tape in the corner.

Hari said...

good post indeed.....