Thursday 18 December 2008

Tiny Book Review: Gang Leader for a Day


Just finished reading this book called, Gang Leader for a Day by Sudhir Venkatesh. My tiny book review, no, just a short comment after reading the book (originally posted over at Shelfari).
Not for its literary style, although it is very readable, nor for the fame of the author, although in his field it is very well established, but for the sheer fact that all those things described in the book had happened in real life, the book is worth reading. It informed and reminded me about the reality of the poor around me, even though I live far away from Chicago, in Sydney, Australia. May I never forget or ignore the people who need help.


I think it is a good book to read, and I recommend it especially if you are a Christian.

No comments: