Wednesday 20 August 2008

Count the patience of our Lord as salvation

Therefore, beloved, since you are waiting for these, be diligent to be found by him without spot or blemish, and at peace. And count the patience of our Lord as salvation,
- 2 Peter 3:14-15a

My gracious Master has been so patient with me whole my life as I offended Him countless times.
Once again, I betrayed my Lord, yet my life was spared.
He spared me, He endured my time of rebellion. He considered it His pleasure to keep me alive and redeem me, instead of quenching His wrath by condemning me right there and then and fulfill justice even as I denied Him as my Lord.

Why would the Righteous King pursue a traitor like me with such loving zeal, I do not know.
Why would the Holy God touch a defiled, rotten and rotting corpse with such a gentle healing hand, I will never stop wondering.
Why was the Faithful Servant of God counted as an unfaithful, whoring idolator that I am, and I now inherit His blessings, I am silenced.

O, how long will I keep fighting His gracious will, to redeem and conform me to His likeness?
How many more times will I test my God for His patience?

God, You are strange.
You are wonderful.
You are beyond-belief.
You are good.
You are freely-giving.
You are forgiving.
You are my King, and I am your servant, even as I am unworthy to be called one.
May I continue to find favour in Your sight, may Your grace abound in me more and more.
May Your love never cease to grip my heart.
May the Cross my King bore never leave my sight.

No comments: