Wednesday 13 August 2008

Blessings thrown at us by God's rough hands

In my cell, we have been reading Genesis for the past few weeks. I often found that God's blessing came to those Joseph (and others as well) in a very strange ways. The Bible says that God was with Joseph and made him proper in all he did, so he was made great in Potiphar's household, and in the jail, and later under Pharaoh. But God, being with Joseph and blessing him did not stop Joseph from being falsely accused as a rapist, nor from being thrown into the prison, nor from being forgotten after interpreting dreams correctly for two officials. And I am not often content with the explanation that goes like, "all is well that ends well," because I do not believe that the end can always justify the means.

However, this little quote from the Baptist preacher did a trick.

It is for a greater gain for us that God, in His providence, gives rough times. These temporary suffering is nothing compared to the greater spiritual gain that lasts forever.
Apostle Paul also testified, "For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us (Romans 8:18)."

How slow is my understanding and little my faith in Him!

No comments: