Friday 8 February 2008

A modern day Da Vinci?

Nah... he doesn't seem crazy enough to be compared to Leonardo Da Vinci. But his inventions reminded me of him so much.
Here's an ad featuring him and his "creatures":


At first I thought it was all done by computer graphics, but then, I listened to his talk.

My thoughts?
It really blew my mind at first. I never thought this kind of mechanical moving structure that does not rely on human intervention was possible.
And then, I sensed somewhat eerie feeling about these creatures, as I started imagining a world where these mindless creatures roam all over the places.
Another thing that came to my mind was Magic: The Gathering, the card game, in which various mechanical artifacts feature. You don't know what they are? urm... never mind...

No comments: